Doctor Wilson Magical Society

From MagicPedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
Jump to: navigation, search

Doctor Wilson Magical Society was formed on December 3, 1933 in Kansas City, Missiouri.

The following magicians were present at the first meeting: Gaius Bennett, John E. Kepner, Walter Roazer, Jack Young, Wm. Lynch, Donald Ollis, Carl Sjoholm and and Arthur C. Spratt. Bennett was elected president and Dr. E. G. Ervin was made honorary life member No. 1.[1]

The members pledged themselves to uphold the traditions and ideals of their worthy name-sake and to revive interest in things magical in Kansas City, which has been on the decline after the Robert Houdin Club ceased to function.[2]

Their newsletter was the Wilsonian (named "The Little Sphinx" in its first issue) which started publishing around March 1934 with Spratt as editor in chief.


References

  1. Seven Circles (April 1934)
  2. NEWS FROM K. C. MO. by Arthur C. Spratt, Linking Ring, December 1933
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Interaction
Support our sponsor
Share
Print/export
Toolbox