|Born||June 12 1965|
Don grew up the middle kid of 3, receiving his first magic set from his grandmother for his 8th birthday. He performed his first magic show at the age of 10 for a cousin's birthday party. By the time he was 12 years old he had added juggling to his shows. By the time he was 16 unicycling had become a major part of his life. Don competed nationally on his unicycle, winning twice for his age category and skill level.
Don performed with other folks under the performing names of "3-of-a-Kind" (with Dave Roseborough and Bill Karbo), "2-of-a-Kind" (after Bill Karbo left the group), the "Variety 2 Review" (with John Krcil), the "Dr of merriment", and "Circus Unique" (with his wife, Debbie).
Don worked off and on with Ringling Brothers Circus for 4 years, including a 3-year stint at Disneyland in California. Other performing groups/places Don performed with/at include "Fantasy Theatre Factory (Miami,FL), Circus World (Davenport,FL), French Woods Festival for the Performing Arts (New York) and Premier Christian Cruises (3 years).
In 1989, Don and his wife began what would fill the years since then, doing outreach for churches and Christian organizations around the world, including The Billy Graham Association, Campus Crusade, MAGI International, and his own companies, DonB! Ministries and DonB! Entertainment.
Areas of study include: CIRCUS, mentalism, close-up, CREATIVITY, collecting, Kid's Entertainment, Family Entertainment, origami.
Awards and Honors
- Don has never won any official awards, but has been a speaker and entertainer at many national conventions for both magicians and clowns.
- "There is no greater sound than the laughter of a child."
- The Creative Mind lecture notes - 1990, revised in 1992, revised in 2008
- Dare to Tear effect (t&r cigarette paper) - Hocus Pocus Magazine
- Christian Conjurer Vol 41, No 6 (Nov/Dec 1997) - Cover Story
- Clowns for Christ International Magazine - Cover Story
References and External Links