|Died||May 30, 1981 |
Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus
Don Tanner (1924-1981), a technician for the Telephone company by trade, was editor of The New Phoenix (1960-1965) and founder/editor of the Mentalist. He was also the Parade Editor for the Linking Ring for a some time.
He was the directory of Magi-Fest convention in Ohio.
Tanner worked closely with U.F. Grant, when Grant moved back to Columbus,
- How To Do Cigarette Tricks (1957)
- How To Do Headline Predictions (1957)
- Coffee Break Magic (with John Murray) (1959)
- Grant's Manual of Magic (1964)
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 31, No. 4, June 1951, Don Tanner, Thaumaturgist by Eddie Clever, page 9
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 31, No. 4, June 1951, DON TANNER PARADE, edited by Eddie Clever – illustrations by Nelson C. Hahne, page 51
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 48. No. 9, September 1968, OUR COVER DON TANNER, page 37
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 61, No. 7, July 1981, Don Tanner Succumbs, page 107
- The New Tops, Vol. 21, No. 7, July 1981, In Memoriam Don Tanner, page 43
- Genii, Vol. 45, No. 8, August 1981, Obit Don Tanner, page 527