|Born||Edwin L. Keener|
|Died||January 14, 2006 |
Ed Keener was a professional magician in an act with his wife, Nanci.
After serving in the army during World War II, Keener worked first as a trumpet player, and then as chauffeur. But, after meeting Nanci Hensley in Phoenix, he started working on a magic act for the two of them. They were married in 1952, and for the next thirteen years they performed at The Hollywood Palace, the Steve Allen shows on television, Magic Castle and a Western theme park outside of Phoenix.
On the advice of friends, they moved on to Europe and became such a popular act that they worked for the next 23 years.
Their "Magic of the Atmosphere" act consisted of magic with balloons including needles through balloon, shooting a silk into a blown-up balloon, and changing a white balloon into their poodle, Bianca.
They worked nightclubs, theatres, and television in 34 countries. Also two command performances for the Shah and Farah of Iran.
- Society of American Magicians Hall of Fame
- International Brotherhood of Magicians Dragon Award
- Performing Fellowship from the Magic Castle
- Professional Award of Excellence from the Pacific Coast Association of Magicians
- Lifetime Achievement Award by the Society of American Magicians
- Member of the Inner Magic Circle with Gold Star by the Magic Circle in Britain.