Erik Jan Hanussen (June 2, 1889 - March 25, 1933) was born Herschel Steinschneider in Austria. He was a clairvoyant, mentalist, occultist, and astrologer, active in Nazi Germany. He converted from his family's Jewish faith to Protestant and became a Nazi.
Legends abound about meetings between Hanussen and Adolf Hitler, including a meeting between the two just before the German election, November 1932, during which Hanussen taught Hitler secret crowd control techniques with the utilization of gesture.
- Hanussen (1955), played by O. W. Fischer
- Hanussen (1988), played by Klaus Maria Brandauer, director Istvan Szabo
- Invincible (2001), Hanussen is played by Tim Roth, director Werner Herzog
- Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa (2005), played by Toshio Furukawa.
- Gordon, Mel (2001). Hanussen: Hitler's Jewish Clairvoyant. Feral House. ISBN 0-922915-68-7.
- Gordon, Mel (Summer 2006). "Hitler's Jewish Psychic". Guilt & Pleasure (3). Roger Bennett. 
- Steinschneider, Phil. "Steinschneider Genealogy". 
- Hanussen by Mel Gordon in Genii July 2004
| This page incorporated content from Erik_Jan_Hanussen,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License