Erik Jan Hanussen (June 2, 1889 - March 25, 1933) was born Herschel Steinschneider in Austria. He was a clairvoyant, mentalist, occultist, and astrologer, active in Nazi Germany. He converted from his family's Jewish faith to Protestant and became a Nazi.
June 02, 1889
|Died||March 25, 1933 (age 43) |
Legends abound about meetings between Hanussen and Adolf Hitler, including a meeting between the two just before the German election, November 1932, during which Hanussen taught Hitler secret crowd control techniques with the utilization of gesture. Ultimately he was executed by the Gestapo and his body was dumped in a field north of Berlin.
- Hanussen (1955), played by O. W. Fischer
- Hanussen (1988), played by Klaus Maria Brandauer, director Istvan Szabo
- Invincible (2001), Hanussen is played by Tim Roth, director Werner Herzog
- Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa (2005), played by Toshio Furukawa.
- Gordon, Mel (2001). Hanussen: Hitler's Jewish Clairvoyant. Feral House. ISBN 0-922915-68-7.
- Gordon, Mel (Summer 2006). "Hitler's Jewish Psychic". Guilt & Pleasure (3). Roger Bennett. 
- Steinschneider, Phil. "Steinschneider Genealogy". 
- Hanussen by Mel Gordon in Genii 2004 July
| This page incorporated content from Erik_Jan_Hanussen,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License