Frances Ireland Marshall
Frances Ireland Marshall (March 25, 1910 - May 26, 2002) was an accomplished magicienne, specializing in children's shows.
|Frances Ireland Marshall|
|Born||Frances Marie Ahrens Vandevier|
March 25, 1910
|Died||May 26, 2002 (age 92) |
In 1938 she founded Magigals with Bess Houdini, an organization for female magicians. She was the first editor of its magazine and also wrote regularly for several other magic magazines including the long running "Around Chicago" column in the Linking Ring.
Frances continued to run the company after the death of Laurie in 1954. In 1955, she married magician, Jay Marshall.
- You Don't Have To Be Crazy (1946)
- With Frances In Magicland (1952)
- Kid Stuff, Vol. 1 (1954)
- How to Sell by Magic (1958)
- Kid Stuff, Vol. 2 (1959)
- The Sponge Book (1960)
- Kid Stuff, Vol. 3 (1962)
- Kid Stuff, Vol. 4 (1968)
- Newspaper Magic (with Gene Anderson - 1968)
- The Success Book (four volumes/1973-84)
- Kid Stuff, Vol. 5 (1974)
- Kid Stuff, Vol. 6 (1975)
- The Happy Birthday Business (1978)
- My First 50 Years (1981)
- Those Beautiful Dames (1984)
- ↑ The Linking Ring, Vol. 82, No. 4, Chicago's Magic, Inc. Celebrates Its 75th Year, by Robert K. Miller, p.43