Fred Trick was the card routine created by Fred Lowe (with Paul Marcus ) originally called "Christened Reverse". It was seen by Dave Campbell in 1971 who developed a different method to create "Fred the card" trick (as a dedication to Fred Lowe).
- A Card Named Bill in Magic Dungeon Mentalism by Robert Wagner & Howard Adams (1972)
- Oscar, markedted trick by Nick Trost (1980)
- A Card Named Fred /Christened Reverse the Second by Ali Bongo in Abracadabra Vol. 73 (1981), popularized by Don Alan under the title "Clyde" and "Fido".
- The Dream in The Smagorad by Denny Laub and Gary Inglese (1983) - inspired by "Say It Again Sam" marketed by Stoner's Magic Shop, a card was selected mentally by a woman in the audience from a deck that had different names written on their backs. The mentally selected card had the woman's name.
- Female in Thirty Five Years Later (1986) by Ed Marlo - All the cards have a different name on the back and the card selected is the only card with the spectator's name on it.