Cover of Genii (Feb. 1937)
|Born||February 27, 1907|
Oil City, Pennsylvania
|Died||April 29, 1987 (age 80) |
During his youth, he lived all over the world (England, Canada, Argentina, New York, Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Houston and San Francisco). In 1921, he finally settled down in Los Angeles, California.
Gerald was never a full time professional performer but did work some night club and cruises. He developed two specialty acts, Mr. O'So (a Japanese magician) and Professor 'Iggins' (an English magician).
Some of his most popular effects
- One at a Time Assembly Genii 1951 December
- Applause Card Disclosure aka Clap Revelation in Genii 1965 January, Vol. 29, No. 5, page 266.
- Invisible Card Change (1955)
- Kosky's Card Control
- Kosky's Coin Vanish in Genii 1953 June, Vol. 17, No. 10.
- Kosky's One At A Time Aces in Genii 1966 May, Vol. 30, No. 9.
Before his death he lived just half a block from the Magic Castle and performed there many times.
He was given a Literary Fellowship by the Academy of Magical Arts in 1982.
- The Magic of Gerald Kosky (1975)