|Born||February 4, 1960|
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
As a child, Greg McMahan performed shows for his parents, including brother and sisters as cast members. In the early 1970's his whole family took to the stage at local community theaters in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Also during this time, Greg developed an interest in magic, juggling, puppetry and clowning that has continued to this day. He's written instructional books for other children's entertainers worldwide, and has conducted seminars and lectures for various magician & clown organizations.
Around 1985 Greg moved to Atlanta and soon began working full time as a magician and childrens entertainer. He also worked at the Magic Masters Magic Shop owned by Ken Fletcher and managed by Dennis Sowers. It was here Greg learned how to manipulate Rocky Raccoon and other spring animals which would become his signature routine. This was the same place David Williamson and Jeff Justice started working with Rocky, which also became their signature routines.
Since 1992, Greg has taught magic and other variety arts to thousands of children at Circus Camp, a summer day camp near Atlanta which teaches beginning circus skills.
In 2003 Greg traveled with the Clyde Beatty - Cole Bros Circus as their national spokesperson (performing as The Wizard of Odd). He would promote the circus on local TV stations, radio & newspaper interviews and live appearances during the show's 9 month, 110 city tour.
- Kids Think It's Funny - Routines and ideas for childrens entertainers
- Learn Magic - Instant author kit for Back-of-Room sales
- Balloon Shows - Stage show focusing on balloons
- Rocky Workshop - Repairing and customizing spring puppets
- Rain or Shine - Strolling entertainment at amusement parks and other outdoor venues
- Backdrop Designs - Low cost alternatives to build backdrops