|Born||August 24, 1971|
Tel Aviv, Israel
Guy Bavli (born 24 August 1971 in Tel Aviv, Israel) is a mentalist, illusionist, and lecturer. He owns the entertainment company "Master of the Mind", based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
He appeared on NBC's television show Phenomenon in 2007, where he performed a heart stopping trick, a Russian roulette trick using 8 jars of hydrochloric acid, and a spoon bending trick.
Bavli became interested in mentalism and illusions as a source of solace from the divorce of his parents and childhood obesity.
He began performing before audiences at five years of age. When he was eight years old he had his first professional performance at a swimming club in Tel Aviv. His show was a success and he performed in Tel Aviv for nearly a year.
He became the first Israeli to win an international magic competition in the United States.
Bavli served in the Israel Defense Forces for three years. During this time, he developed a mind reading act and became a member of the Israeli Air Force Performing Group as an actor and singer.
Bavli moved from Israel to the United States in 2002. He is married and has two children.
Bavli has performed at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas and Carnegie Hall in New York.
He appeared in a product advertisement for Jaguar, where he was blindfolded and then maneuvered a new Jaguar X-type through an obstacle course in front of a live audience.
In 2000, Bavli performed with a virtual magician named Cosmo at the International Broadcasting Convention in Amsterdam. They did live magic tricks and a mind reading. Bavli received the Best Show award for his performance.
He has made TV appearances in over 50 countries.
Bavli gives lectures and demonstrations in different countries.
- Dan Shilon Show - Israel - multiple times in the 1990s
- Don Francisco Presenta - Univision
- Monday Night Magic - historic SoHo Playhouse
- Don Francisco - Sabado Gigante - Univision (2002)
- The Rick Sanchez Show - USA (2005)
- Vuelve el Lunes with Kike Morande - Chile - TV Canal 13 (2007)
- Panama TV (2007)
- Masters of Illusions - MyNetworkTV (USA) - (2009)
- La soiree de l'etrange - France TV show - (2009)
- Jim Salabim - Finland - TV show - (2010)
- 1986 - Stage performer 3rd place, Louis Tannen’s competition - New York
- 1988 - 1st place Stage Performer of the year - Israeli Society for Promoting the Art of Magic (ISPAM)
- 1990 - Magician / Performer of the Decade (1980–1990) - presented by the Israeli Society for Promoting the Art of Magic
- 1993 - Stage Performer of the Year - Israeli Society for Promoting the Art of Magic
- 2000 - Best performer, National Broadcaster Convention in Las Vegas
- 2000 - Best Show - IBC convention (International Broadcast Convention in Amsterdam) representing Dream Team Ltd. in a trade show
- 2007 - 4th place, Phenomenon TV show
- Ba Li Balon (1990) - Magician
- Snurre Snups sřndagsklub (1994) - As Himself
- Phenomenon (2007) - As Himself
| This page incorporated content from Guy Bavli,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License