Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Harry Blackstone, Jr. (June 30, 1934 – May 14, 1997) was an American stage magician, author, and television performer.
|Harry Blackstone, Jr.|
|Born||June 30, 1934|
Three Rivers, Michigan
|Died||May 14, 1997 (age 62) |
He was born in Three Rivers, Michigan, the son of noted stage magician Harry Blackstone, Sr., also known as "The Great Blackstone".
He received the Magician of the Year Award in 1979 and 1985. He appeared as a guest on many TV shows including The Tonight Show, Donahue, The Today Show, and The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. His performances were also a regular feature in the Square One Television series on PBS.
- 1/5/1976 = TV show "Merv Griffin Show"
- 1/16-17/1976 = Playboy Resort, Lake Geneva, WI
- 2/21/1976 = CalTech's Beckman Auditorium
- 3/12/1976 = San Bernardino County chapter of National Kidney Foundation Dinner-Dance, El Rancho Verde Country Club, Rialto, CA
- 4/15/1976 = TV show "A.M. New York" on ABC affiliate in NYC
- 5/1/1976 = TV special "Magic Magic Magic", filmed in Paris
- 5/13-26/1976 = Opens at Nugget Casino, Reno, NV (closing date uncertain)
- 5/28/1976 = TV talk show "Dinah"
- 6/23 - 7/4/1976 = Oklahoma City Lincoln County Playhouse, OK
- 7/6-11/1976 = Playboy Resort, Lake Geneva, WI
- 7/15/1976 = TV show "Mike Douglas Show"
- 8/3/1976 = TV show "Merv Griffin"
- 8/10-15/1976 = Mangam's Chateau (nightclub) Lyons, IL (suburb of Chicago)
- 8/17/1976 = TV show "Merv Griffin"
- 9/2/1976 = Houston TX Music Hall in association with TAOM convention
- 9/4/1976 = guest on premier episode of "The Magic Shop", hosted by Don Lawton (L.A. market)
- 9/7-18/1976 = Playboy Club, NYC
- 9/24/1976 = Boston a.m. TV show "Good Day"
- 10/8/1976 = consulted on "The Great Houdinis" ABC TV show, broadcast today
- 11/1976 = releases book: _There's One Born Every Minute_
- 12/2/1976 = Moore Junior High School, Redlands CA (his children went there)
- 12/15/1976 = TV show "Mike Douglas" (repeat of 7/15/1976?)
| This page incorporated content from Harry Blackstone, Jr.,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License