| This page incorporated content from Herb Zarrow,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
Herb is most noted for his Zarrow Shuffle which he originally called "Full Deck False Shuffle." This sleight has been called one of the best card discoveries of the 20th century.
He also invented: Herb Zarrow's Switch Change (in Tarbell Seven_, Herb Zarrow's Trapeze, Herb Zarrow Retention Pass, Zarrow Block Addition, Starfish Copper/Silver (in CoinMagic by Richard Kaufman), Matched Revolvers, Universal Count Grip (which appeared in the September 1995 issue of M-U-M) , Zarrow's Revolving Aces. Mr. Zarrow was also the first to create a Double and Multiple Buckle.
Mr. Zarrow contributed many routines and sleights to publications including the Tarbell Course, Modern Coin Magic, The Linking Ring which included his award-winning routine "Matched Revolvers" which appeared in the July 1977 issue.
Honors and Awards
- Member Of The Inner Magic Circle,
- 1998 Louie Award
- Honorary Life Member of the Society of American Magicians
- Cover of M-U-M
- Academy of Magical Arts: Creative Fellowship Award
- The Magic Castle: Honorary Life Member
- 2001 Guest Of Honor at Fechter's Finger flicking Frolic
- Cover of The Linking Ring (April 2001)