From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
Homing Card is a classic plot in card magic where a card keeps returning back (to pocket or the deck).
A card repeatedly and magically travels to the performer's pocket.
- Stars of Magic Series 4, No. 2: Francis Carlyle's Homing Card (1948)
- Homing Card Plus in Card College, Vol. 2 (1996)
A card is repeatedly removed from a packet, yet keeps returning.Kaps Effect: The performer explains he has "always envied magicians who can manipulate 52 cards," and so he's been practicing and is "already up to five cards!" He shows these - four of the cards are spot cards and the fifth is a Queen of the opposite color. The performer discards the court card, only to have it reappear in the packet. As the routine progresses, the performer becomes increasingly perplexed by his inability to discard the Queen. This is repeated until the performer is left with a single card, which changes from a spot card into the elusive Queen a moment later.
- The Homing Card by Fred Braue in Show Stoppers with Cards
- Larry Jennings version in EXPERT CARD MYSTERIES
- Max Maven's Lassie in Focus.