Cover of Genii (1939)
|Born||Hubert T. Brill|
|Died||December 1978 |
Hubert Brill was a professional magician in California who was very active in the magic societies on the west coast.
At one time was working towards becoming a lawyer.
From the May 1939 issue to the August issue of Genii, Brill has several articles on using Marked Cards.
In 1940 Brill, then chairman of the Expose and Ethics Committee of P.C.A.M. comes under fire for assisting the Thrifty Drug Stores chain with exposing magic on a twice weekly radio broadcast. Brill claims he only got involved in the consulting job "to prevent really good tricks from being exposed." Brill chose to resign from them SAM when asked to quit exposing or resign.
Brill was eventually reinstated in November 1978, just before he passed away. 
- 1939 Caryl Fleming trophy for his telepathy act.
- Genii 1939 February Page 183: The Spirit's Right (Cards)
- Genii 1939 MayPage 287: Mysteries with Markers - Effect 3 (Cards)
- Genii 1939 June Page 325: Vibratory Control (Cards)
- Genii 1939 July Page 354: To Insure Complete Fairness (Mentalism)
- Genii 1939 October Page 44: Remote Control by Hubert Brill
- Genii 1939 NovemberPage 71: With a Phone Book
- Genii 1939 December Page 108: Mental Detection
- Genii 1940 February This Is Magic (Article)