It began as an invited only gathering of contributors to Ibidem. It was usually limited to 35 mostly close-up workers. They would spend a four day weekend (Thursday through Sunday) in mid-October at the Oban Inn each year.
In 1986, when Lyons was no longer able to be a full-time co-organizer of "Ibidem Events" because of business reasons, the name was changed to "Oban Events".
- 1979 lecturers and performers: : David Roth and Brother John Hamman
- 1980 Stewart James was honored with lecturers and performers: Phil Goldstein, Daryl Martinez, and Michael Ammar.
- 1981 lecturers and performers: Larry Becker, Jerry Andrus, Phil Willmarth, Sid Lorraine, Mike Close, Jon Charles, and Michael Skinner.
- 1982 lecturers and performers: Steward James
- 1983 lecturers and performers: Steward James, Al Mann, Jerry Andrus, Jon Charles, Michael Weber
- 1984 ?
- 1985 lecturers and performers: David Ben, Richard Osterlind
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found