Irv Weiner, also known as John Avery, performed as "Mr. Fingers" and was the owner of Irv Weiner's Studio of Magic.
|Born||October 4, 1923|
|Died||December 14, 1999 (age 76) |
Weiner did performances of magic and mentalism in the mid and late 20th century. In the 1980's he was listed as one of the most wanted performers on college campuses. Born and raised in the Boston area, his parents were deaf mutes which taught him miming skills. He was also a protege of Silent Mora.
Manuscripts & Marketed Tricks
- BLOCK BUSTERS (1987)
- BLOCKS OF BLUE (1967)
- CRAZY, HUH
- CUT CONTROL (1952)
- DABBLING WITH DAUB (1951)
- DIABOLICAL DIGITS
- THE ELUSIVE THREE (1952)
- EVER-READY RISING CARDS (1952)
- FACE-UP ACES
- FLABBERGASTING (1952)
- FOUR LETTER WORDS
- FRANK LANE'S GRANDFATHER TRICK [STAGE SIZE]
- FRANK LANE'S GRANDFATHER TRICK [POCKET SIZE]
- IMPROMPTU IMPRESSION (1948)
- INVISIBLE TRANSPOSITION
- JUST IMAGINATION (1954)
- LAST WORD BOOK TEST
- MIRACLE MOVE (1951)
- MIRACLE MOVE MENTALISM
- MIRACLE PRINCESS CARD TRICK
- NEW BALLS TO HAT (1952)
- ORIGINAL IMPROMPTU 'NO-NESTING' CUPS & BALLS (1952)
- PATRIOTIC CUPS & BALLS (1951)
- PERFECTED NESTED BOXES (1952)
- RED TAPE THUMB TIE (1955)
- SOFT DICE (1953)
- SPONGE BALL ROUTINE (1963)
- STRING A RING (1952)
- TRIPLE TRANSPOSITION (1952)
- Biography in New Jinx, Vol. 1, No. 6, October 1962, page 23.
- Irv Weiner Honored, MUM, October 1972
- An Evening with Irv Weiner By B. Falkner in Linking Ring, Vol. 56, No. 2, February 1976.
- Cover The Linking Ring, Vol. 63, No. 9, September 1983.