|Born||March 26, 1897|
|Died||February 17, 1954 (age 56) |
|Categories||Books by Jacob Daley|
Dr. Jacob Daley (March 26, 1897 - February 17, 1954) was a plastic surgeon and amateur magician. Born in Russia (although some early reference say New York and others say he came to New York at the age of three) and graduated from Fordham University School of Medicine then founded the American Otolaryngologic Society for Plastic Surgery.
He died suddenly following a luncheon show before the Art Directors Club, in New York where he had just finished performing a version of Vernon's The Travelers and his Cavorting Aces.
During the last months of Dr. Daley's life he evolved another of his excellent card tricks, which he demonstrated for Dai Vernon. Dai Vernon included this trick in his book The Dai Vernon Book of Magic as a tribute and called it "The Last Trick of Dr. Jacob Daley" (also known as Daley's Last Trick).   
- Sphinx Award in 1939.
- Jacob Daley's Notebooks (1974)
- ↑ Talk:Jacob_Daley
- ↑ Obit Genii, Vol. 18, No. 7, March 1994, PHYSICIAN PERFORMS LAST TRICK, page 280
- ↑ The Linking Ring, Vol. 34, No. 1, March 1954, Jacob Daley, M. D., Presents Final Card Miracle, page 26
- ↑ M-U-M, Vol. 43, No. 1, CHICAGO SPECIAL, April 1954, Photograph of Dr. Daley performing his last trick at the Art Directors Club in New York, page 473
- M-U-M, Vol. 43, No. 4, September 1953, DR. JACOB DALEY magician-of-the-month by LESLIE P. GUEST, page 135
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 34, No. 2, April 1954, The Secretary Reports, Dr. Jacob Daley, page 99
- The New Phoenix, 302, March 5th 1954, Dr. Jacob Daley 1897–1954, page 5
- Tops, Vol. 19, No. 4, April 1954, DR. JACOB DALEY DIES, page 26