Jerry Mentzer is founder and operator of Magic Methods which he started in 1969. During his college years at Ohio State University he authored two booklets on card magic and one on silk magic. He went on to become a mechanical engineer employed by Union Carbide Corporation.
|Born||Alfred Jerry Mentzer|
April 28, 1940
|Categories||Books by Jerry Mentzer|
He was the first to publish a book of Paul Harris' magic.
Mentzer has contributed three Parades to The Linking Ring (May 1965, February, 1971, March, 1972) and many columns including "Best from Books" from March through August 1971. He was an active member of magic clubs in Ohio before moving to South Carolina.
Mentzer has won numerous awards for performing and writing about magic.
- Card Cavalcade I (1972)
- Super Cent (1972)
- Close-Up Cavalcade (1973)
- Card Cavalcade II (1974)
- Another Close-Up Cavalcade (1975)
- Card Cavalcade III (1975)
- Card Cavalcade IV (1977)
- Close-Up Cavalcade Finale (1977)
- Counts, Cuts, Moves & Subtleties (1977)
- Card Cavalcade Finale (1979)
- Packet Tricks (Book) (1982)
- Magic with Finger Rings (1984)
- Card to Wallet: The Book (1991)
- Card File (1994)
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 45, No. 5, May 1965, Alfred Jerry Mentzer, Columnist, Creator, page 22
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 42, No. 6, June 1962, Jerry Menzer, page69