Magicpedia:Selected anniversaries/February 2
From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
- 1809 - Walnut Street Theatre opens.
- 1864 - Carl Brema was born Karl Brehmer in Germany, who would later start the magic manufacturer company "Carl Brema & Co." in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 1899 - Oscar Paulsen, a semi-professional magician who did a comedy act, is born in South Africa.
- 1905 - George Alfred Cooke (1825- 1905), a partner of J.N. Maskelyne, dies.
- 1925 - Pyramid Magic Club was a founded in Baltimore.
- 1946 Abracadabra, a weekly magazine starts publishing.
- 1954 - John Petrie (1870-1954), a magic manufacturer and dealer, dies.
- 2011 - Tim Conover (1959-2011), a corporate entertainer for over thirty years, dies.