Magicpedia:Selected anniversaries/February 24
From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
- 1864 - Magic manufacturer Carl Brema dies.
- 1872 - The Great Lafayette (Sigmund Neuberger) was born in Germany. He is noted for his elaborate stage settings and spectacular showmanship.
- 1874 - Henri Robin, a major celebrity in France, dies in Paris.
- 1887 - Michael F. Zens, who helped start the Houdini Club of Wisconsin, is born in Kenosha, Wisconsin
- 1892 - Cecil Lyle, who would become known for his Magical Milliner Act, is born.
- 1919 - Adrian Plate, one of the first members of the SAM, dies.
- 1919 - Lenny Greenfader, an influential magician in New York City, is born.
- 1948 - Popular English stage magician, magic dealer and author Will Goldston dies.
- 1955 - Harry Kahne, The Incomparable Mentalist, known for being able to write upside down and backwards while reciting poetry at the same time, dies in Los Angeles, California.
- 1960 - The "Dean of Southern Magicians", Julian Boehm dies in Atlanta, Georgia
- 1976 - Horace Marshall, son of Vaudeville magician Marshall, the Mystic, dies in Akron Ohio.
- 1999 - Eugene Pronk, who performed as "Marlowe the Magician" and "Pronk the Magician", dies in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.