Magicpedia:Selected anniversaries/February 26
From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
- 1638 - Claude-Gaspar Bachet, a mathematician who wrote books on mathematical puzzles, dies in Bourg-en-Bresse, France.
- 1889 - Paul Razoux, who would become the Dean of SAM Assembly No. 9, is born in Boston.
- 1907 - John H. Percival makes his debut as a paid performer as "Mysterious John" at the Town Hall in Plainsville, Massachusetts.
- 1908 - Edward Maro, one of the first successful headlining magician on the Lyceum and Chautauqua circuits who billed himself as Billed as the "Prince of Magic", dies.
- 1933 - A séance was held that night at Hanussen's Palace of the Occult.
- 1949 - John B. Handy, founder of the Hill City Magicos in Lynchburg, Virginia dies.
- 1980 - William Turner, a writer of Western novels and amateur magician, dies.
- 1995 - The 43rd annual Blackpool Magicians Convention was held.