Magicpedia:Selected anniversaries/October 28
From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
- 1846 - Otto Maurer, founder of the New York Magical Co., was born.
- 1851 - John Randall Brown, one of the first mentalist to perform a Muscle Reading act, was born.
- 1883 - The first appearance of Harry Houdini before an audience as Ehrich, The Prince of the Air.
- 1906 - Archie Tear, one of the first magicians to be televised (1932) was born.
- 1924 - Bascom Jones, publisher of Magick, was born in San Diego, California.
- 1967 - Tom Stone, who has a column titled "LodeStones" in Genii, was born.
- 2008 - Ted Lesley, using the stage name of Friedrich Karl Helzel, passes away.