Marco the Magi
|Marco the Magi|
|Born||Cesareo Rafael Pelaez|
October 16, 1932
Santa Clara, Cuba
|Died||March 24, 2012 (age 79) |
Marco the Magi is Cesareo Pelaez, the founder, producer, director, designer, and choreographer of Le Grand David.
He began to organize his troupe in the early 1970s. A biography of Pelaez (Wonderful Surprises, author Avrom Surath) was published in April 2007 relating Pelaez's early experiences growing up in Cuba, his work with noted psychologist Abraham Maslow, his founding Le Grand David Spectacular Magic Company, and his ongoing work with the company through the present day.
Pelaez passed away peacefully after a long battle with congestive heart failure.
- ↑ Cover Genii 1981 May
- ↑ Interview Genii 1984 November
- ↑ Interview Genii 1985 June
- ↑ http://www.geniimagazine.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=263561
- Genii Vol. 44, No. 11, November 1980, LE GRAND DAVID SHOW — Follow-up to "How it came to be" by Bill & Irene Larsen, page 777
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 74, No. 2, February 1994, Our Cover - BRAVO, MAESTRO by Webster Bull, page 58
- Genii Vol. 75, No. 6, June 2012, In Memoriam, Cesareo Pelaez 1932-2012, page 16