|Born||Heinz Nicolas Stolk|
March 30, 1930
The Hague, Holland
|Died||December 22, 2008 (age 78) |
|Categories||Books by Marconick|
Marconick (1930-2008), born Heinz Nikolas Stolk in Holland, was known as "The King of Silk Magic."
The name Marconick was first used during his service as a wireless operator with the Dutch Air Force, which was called a "Marconist." He took the first part "Marco" and added it to his Christian name "Nick". He performed hundreds of shows while serving in the Dutch Air Force from 1950-1956 and started performing professionally when he got out.
He performed for the Dutch Queen Juliana, Princess Grace Kelly and Prince Ranier of Monaco, and in many countries throughout the world. He was a close friend of Fred Kaps.
He won two first place trophies at FISM; one for manipulation in 1955 and other in 1961 for General Magic.
- Marconick, Original Magic (Klingsor, Brussles: 1967). Edited by Peter Warlock
- Marconick, Original Magic No. 2 (1968)
- Marconick, Original Magic Book 3, American Tour Edition (Magic Inc., Chicago: 1970)
- Marconick's Silk Magic by Lewis Ganson and Hugh Miller ((The Supreme Magic Company, Bideford: 1970)
- Marconick's Original Magic, Book 4, American Tour Edition (Magic Inc., Chicago: 1972)
- Fortune Magic, Volume 7 (Marconick, Amsterdam: 1982). Edited by Peter Warlock
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 64, No. 12, December 1984, Marconick, Hocus Pocus Parade, by Phil Willmarth, page 64
- Magie (Magischer Zirkel v. Deutschland), Vol. 75, No. 4, April 1995, Aktuelles aus den Niederlanden, by Ted Winkel, page 143
- http://www.magician.org/portal/node/801, IN APPRECIATION FOR THEIR LIFE IN MAGIC, HEINZ N. STOLK (MARCONICK)