Dr. Peter Lamont is a psychologist and Research Fellow at the University of Edinburgh, working on the history, theory and performance of magic. He is a former president of the Edinburgh Magic Circle. He has performed and lectured across the world and is a columnist for Genii magazine. 
After funding his early studies by working as a magician, he was awarded the Dalziel Prize for British History, and then an Arts and Humanities Research Council Fellowship in the Creative and Performing Arts. He worked on the BBC radio series Wizards of the North, and was an academic consultant on the BBC television series, Magic.
- Magic in Theory: An Introduction to the Theoretical and Psychological Elements of Conjuring (1999)
- Rise of the Indian Rope Trick: How a Spectacular Hoax Became History (2004)
- The First Psychic: The Peculiar Mystery of a Notorious Victorian Wizard (2005)
- ↑ http://www.ppls.ed.ac.uk/psychology/people/peter-lamont
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/Peter-Lamont/e/B001HOFWZQ
- ↑ http://essentialmagicconference.com/users/peter-lamont