|Born||jANUARY 10, 1935|
Reinhard became first interested in magic in 1950. In 1953 he started to set up his own archive on magic, by then on cross-section paper which he later transferred to file cards. First information was retrieved from Otto Stolina’s lending library, a Magic dealer from Oelde, Germany. His pet effects are topological effects with jumbo cards; he invented the Three Card Catch.
Reinhard is honorary member of the German Magic Circle (MZvD) and the Magic Club Vienna a society in Austria. He is also member of the Escuela Magica de Madrid (EMM). In Magie – the official magazine of the German Magic Circle – he contributed 30 years the editorial column “Reinhard Müller Magie-International”, published a forty-part series in the periodical of Escorial, and provided notes to each of the Carlhorst Meier Mental Workshops.
Reinhard earned repeatedly prizes in MZvD Close-up and Card competitions. In 1978 he earned MZvD 2nd prize for Invention and was nominated 1982 as Writer of the Year.
Reinhard is a founder member of the German “Card Work Shop” a gathering of card specialists; he is highly recognized for his precise knowledge on magic.
Reinhard Müller wrote
- Falsch-Zähl-Methoden [False Counting] (1972)
- Several major research monographs including Ambitious Cards (1977)
- Explained 251 English Fachausdrücke aus der Kartenmagie [technical terms of card magic] (1978)
- Gilbreath's Principles (1979, 1982, 1996 rev.)
- Cartas Gigantes (1981)
- Phantomwürfel [Phantom Dices] (1982)
- Wild Cards (1983)
- Riesen-Karten [Jumbo Cards], 3 parts (1983, 1984, and 1986)
- Flying Cards (1985)
- Los 4 Aces (1985)
- Estimación (1986)
- Card Cases (1987)
- The Glimpse (1988)
- The Gray Code (1989)
- The Card Index, White Line Problem, Marlo on Faked Decks, Cards up the Sleeve, Hofzinser and the Magic of the 19th Century: Card Magic in Germany (1993; 1994 rev, 22pp)
- Viaje de una Carta a Interior de Recinto cerrado [Card in Some Object] (1996, 8pp)
- The Card Effects of Robert-Houdin (1996, 9pp)
- Gelegte Spiele [Prearranged Decks] (2008)
- He also wrote essays in 8 German and in 8 English magazines: which includes ca. 300 essays in Magie, 118 essays in Magisce Welt, and essays in Hokus-Pokus and Arcane.