S. Leo Horowitz
|S. Leo Horowitz|
|Born||Sam Leo Horowitz|
July 26, 1894
|Died||June 1971 (age 76) |
|Categories||Books by S. Leo Horowitz|
Sam Leo Horowitz (1894-1971), who performed as Leo Hartz, Dr. Chung and Mohammed Bey, had a long professional career with great success on cruise ships. The Mohammed Bey name was suggested by Judson Cole because of his Turkish appearance.
Horowitz of the five original members of the New York Inner Circle and voted one of the ten living Card Stars of the U.S.A. in 1938. Many of his tricks appeared in such publications Jinx, Phoenix and New Phoenix.
Horowitz was set to collaborate with Houdini on a series of exposures on gambling right before Harry's death.
- Stars of Magic Series 3, No. 3 : Malini-Bey Chink-A-Chink (1947)
- Stars of Magic Series 3, No. 4 : The Egyptian Ball Mystery (1947)
- Mohammed Bey's Routines For the Jardine Ellis Ring (1952)
- Mohammed Bey's Routines for the Okito Coin Box (1953)
- More Mohamed Bey's Routines with the Okito Coin Box (1956)
- Pallbearers Review, 5th Folio, Autumn 1971.