|Born||Samuel Willson Bailey|
May 19, 1875
|Died||June 30, 1935 (age 60) |
|Resting place||Cambridge Cemetery|
S. Willson Bailey was a professional magician and magic dealer.
Bailey toured for several seasons as the "Boy Magician" and in 1896 he formed a partnership with Charles K. Tripp to open the magic shop of "Bailey and Tripp".
Three months after the store was opened, Bailey bought out Tripp's interest in the establishment, but Tripp continued to turn out apparatus and illusions for him. Upon Tripp's death, he continued as the S. Willson Bailey Company.
The store was moved from Boston to across the river in Cambridgeport, where Sam also added a workshop. About the year 1912, he moved one last time to Cambridge.
His shop was eventually bought by Frank Ducrot.
He was a past officer of the Boston Assembly, No. 9, Society of American Magicians, and his membership card was No. 61. His membership card in the International Brotherhood of Magicians was No. 97.
- Wrinkles: A Few Suggestions and Innovations (with Harold A. Osborne) (1910)