|Born||Terence Kenneth Seabrooke|
|Died||January 11, 2011 |
|Categories||Books by Terry Seabrooke|
Terry Seabrooke appeared three times at Buckingham Palace for H.R.H. Elizabeth II, twice performed at the London Palladium, toured Great Britain as support act with Linda Carter (Wonder Woman), brought his comedy to the first show in the Falklands after the war, and has made over 145 tours to the United States. He has worked all over Europe, Africa, the Orient, Australia and New Zealand.
Seabrooke was always interested in magic and entertainment, the first magic book he owned was The Conjurer's Vade Mecum by J.F. Orrin.
Following his National Service, he began a career in banking and insurance. While conducting an insurance inspection, he found the claimant to be Billy McComb, who was to be a major influence on his decision in his mid-thirties to permanently change careers.
Seabrooke appeared on television for two series of "For My Next Trick" on BBC, and made guest appearances on The Ken Dodd Show, The Good Old Days, This Is Your Life, Comedy Magic Strip and Grumbleweeds among many others, totaling over 100 appearances in England and abroad.
His magical inventions, The Fire Wallet, Burnt Banknote, and Cigarette Through Coat are known and sold worldwide.
Terry was a Life Member of the Academy of Magical Arts, The Magic Castle; Member of the Inner Magic Circle with Gold Star; International Brotherhood of Magicians; Society of American Magicians (and was their International Ambassador of magic); Grand Order Of Water Rats, and a long-standing member and President of the Watford Association of Magicians.
- 2004 Masters Fellowship from the AMA
- Performing Fellowship from the AMA
- Twice nominated as Lecturer of the Year at the Magic Castle.
- Elected to the Society of American Magicians Hall of Fame
- Leslie Guest Award of Excellence for writing over 20 years for the pages of M.U.M. magazine.
- Carlton Comedy Award from The Magic Circle, London
- Murray Award from the Blackpool Magicians' Club.
- Magic Circle's Maskelyne Award 2009
- American Lecture (1975)
- A Professional Idiot (1981)
- Seabrooke's Book: Around the World with a Baking Tin (1986)
- Beyond Compere: A Pocket Guide to Bring an Emcee (1993)