|Born||Anthony Nicol Shiels|
Salford, Lancashire, England
Tony "Doc" Shiels", a painter, was a pioneer of Bizarre Magick in the 1960s.
Shiels is also know as "paranormal researcher" (as he defined at the time) and monster hunter, revealing stories or photographs of mythical creatures.
- 13!!!: A Devil's Dozen of Macabre Miracles (1968) (Second edition 1977)
- Something Strange (1968)
- Daemons, Darklings and Doppelgangers (1969)
- Entertaining with E.S.P. (1974)
- 1974: And Then there Were Three (with Roy Fromer and Tony Raven ), Bob Lynn , 35 p.
- 1976: The Shiels Effect Niacail O'Siaghail, 73 p. (Republished in 2005 by "Adventures In Astonishment")
- E.S.P. Mental Magic (1977)
- 1981 (en) or Psi Principles Bright From Mentalism , Editions Techniques From Spectacle , Strasbourg, 83 p. (Translated into French by Richard Vollmer ) (Republished in 1995 by Magix unlimited (Strasbourg))
- 1988: Bizarre: The Surreal Sorcery of Tony "Doc" Shiels, Martin Breese, Ltd..
- 1988: Monstrum! a Wizard's Tale, John Brown Publishing, 144 p. (Signed Anthony Shiels) [Reprinted in 1990 by Fortean Times, London, 144 p. (Signed Tony Shiels) and in 2011 by CFZ Press, 148 p. (Signed Tony "Doc" Shiels)]
- 1989: The Cantrip Codex, Tony Andruzzi , 113 p.
- 2006: The Trickster's Equipment Expert, self-publishing, ebook, 20 p. Compilation of articles originally published between 1966 and 1967 in The Linking Ring (newspaper IBM).
- 2006: Jabberwocky, The Lost Writings of 'Doc' Shiels, Ebook, 47 p. Compilation of articles originally published between 1966 and 1967 in The Budget (Monthly of the British Ring IBM).
As an illustrator:
- Mercurio (Brett McCarron), 1975, The Propshop. Tricks With Magical Accessories, D. Robbins & Company (New York), 64 p.
| This page incorporated content from Tony Shiels,
a page hosted on Wikipedia(fr). Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- The New Jinx, Vol. V, No. 49, May 1966, "Pro" file, page 200