Help us get to over 4,000 biographies in 2017.
If you know of a past magician not listed in MagicPedia, start a New Biography for them or Email us your suggestion.
Difference between revisions of "User:Jpecore"
m (→To research and add to magicipedia)
m (→Items to fix)
|Line 56:||Line 56:|
== Items to fix ==
== Items to fix ==
== Tests ==
== Tests ==
Revision as of 23:05, 11 February 2012
Joe Pecore, A Paul Harris fanatic.
Contributor to MagicPedia.
You can also email me information, changes or corrections you would like to see on MagicPedia.
- Reviewing Special:Random pages.
- Adding http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bot
- Have a bot working, so if there is a repetitive task that needs to be done on lots of articles, let me know.
- Working on Spam filter tools:
- Items to research to add:
- Items added:
- valid email address is now required to created a page.
- enabled wgEnableDnsBlacklist to work with http://www.sorbs.net/
Pages to monitor
- New contributors for spamming and vandalism
- Special:BrokenRedirects (fix until 0 left)
- Special:DoubleRedirects (fix until 0 left)
- Special:WantedCategories (fix until 0 left)
- Special:UncategorizedPages (Main Page is OK)
- Special:UncategorizedCategories ( Category:MagicPedia and Category:Special are OK)
- Special:UnusedCategories (help make pages for these categories)
- Special:DeadendPages (these need a wiki link to another article)
- Special:ShortPages (these need more content)
- Special:WantedPages (help make these pages, which are links on another article)
Things to do (feel free to help ;)
- Add Template:Infobox_magazine to every Category:Periodicals
- Add Template:Infobox_book to every Category:Books
- Add RSS so we can display new pages on main page
- Add videos and/or images to every Biography (http://cardstarlifestyle.com/?p=1274 )
- Add more Featured Tips
- make a "contents" page (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Contents)
- add Interaction box (see wikipedia)
- make link to ask alex search
- add link to genii forum on side
Items to fix
- current time: November 24 22:56
- Author test list
- Update date on User:Jpecore
- Update date on Main Page
- Number of MagicPedia users: 5,591
- Number of MagicPedia articles: 8,472
Extensions for MagicPedia
- http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:GeoRSS (?)
- http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:RSS or http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:RSS_%28GISWiki%29
To research and add to magicpedia
Genii index replace
- ^p with blank
- ([1-9]* ) with \1 ^p*
I'm looking for these magazines to complete my collection:
- Magic Manuscript - Volume 6 Issue 5 - March / April 1985 - Cover - Frank Brents
- Magic Manuscript - Volume 6 Issue 6 - May / June 1985 - Cover - Le Grand David Magic Company
- Magic Manuscript - Volume 11 Issue 3 - November / December 1989 - Cover - The Tenyo Team
- Magic Manuscript - Volume 12 Issue 2 - September / October 1990 - Cover - Women in Magic Pt. 1
Did you know?
- The Ring in Nest of Boxes dates back to 1751?
- The Rising Card Effect first appeared in print in 1626?
- The Sympathetic Silks trick was invented by Edward Victor?
- Spring Flowers were invented by Buatier de Kolta?
- The Vent Talking Hand was first performed in 1796?
- A Cigarette Act was first presented in Paris by the Spanish magician, Franz-Klint, in 1916?
- With the exception of a short description of the Pass and the Force by Guyot in 1769, Henri Decremps (1746-1826) was the first writer in any language to explain the basic card sleights?
- The Sliding Die Box was invented by Alex Davis, an Englishman, who first performed it in the U.S.A. about 1886. The Rights were sold to Otto Mauer, a New York Dealer, who advertised it in 1897?
- Bill Stickland published a method a Balloon Penetration?
- The 20th Century Silks effect was first performed by David Devant, and his method later explained in Hoffmann's ' Later Magic' (1904)?
- The Wild Card was invented by Peter Kane of Manchester, and shown by him months before it was ' invented' and marketed in the U.S.A.?
- David Devant invented the Dyed Handkerchief Through Paper Tube and first presented the trick in 1893?
- A Vanishing Cane made of spring steel, was described in the July 1899 issue of Mahatma?
- Selbit was first to perform the Magic Bricks?
- Buatier de Kolla was the first to produce flowers from a Cone, and Billiard Balls at the fingertips using a half shell?
- the shell stack of coins was in the 4 Anatomie of Legerdemain 1634?
- the carbon or impression card was first described in the March 1920 'Magic Wand"?
- David Devant invented the Dyed Handkerchiefs and first presented the trick in 1893?
- That although James Wobensmith is generally credited with the 4 one band adaptation of the Afghan Bands, credit really belongs to Ted Beal, who was first to do the trick with one band and published it in Naldrett's "More Collected Magic" in 1921.
- The single colour-change handkerchief using a flesh-coloured tube with tape divider was first mentioned in 'Later Magic" (1904) and credited by Hoffmann to Ellis Stanyon. But in Robertson Keene's "More Novel Notes and Notions" (1907), the inventor is named as James Carl (James Wakefield) and it is quite possible he had used it for some considerable time before parsing it on to Keene.