Use this page by creating a head for each topic and commenting as a sub-topic, for example:
De Kolta vanishing bird cage
There's two articles on the same subject that need to be merged. I should probably do it myself, but it's likely that I mess things up instead :) These are the ones: http://geniimagazine.com/wiki/index.php/Vanishing_Bird_Cage http://geniimagazine.com/wiki/index.php/Vanishing_Birdcage --TStone 19:08, 17 February 2009 (EST)
- Merged. Thanks!!!!
- No problem! :) --TStone 20:30, 17 February 2009 (EST)
Annoying Cite Bug
I just added an article on the Multiplying Bottles, and almost lost all the text due to some bug in the Cite function. Don't know if you are the one to tell, but I guess you know better than me whom to report to.
This is the function I mean: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cite/Cite.php which Brad apparantly added last year, according to the MagicPedia Development page.
The error message, in full, was:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wfloadextensionmessages() in /home/geniimag/public_html/wiki/extensions/Cite/Cite_body.php on line 116
Fortunately, my text was saved in the browser cache, so I could rescue it. For now, until the bug is fixed, I've replaced the "ref"s with (n) and a numbered list in the article. --TStone 20:30, 17 February 2009 (EST)
- I know. He did the install, but the version of mediaWiki is too old. He needs to upgrade mediaWiki for it to work. He's been a bit too busy to do it. But some day, hopefully. It is very annoying. Joe 20:35, 17 February 2009 (EST)
- Ah, I understand. It's always a hassle to upgrade PHP-code. Then perhaps a temporary warning at the MP Dev page? Or at the "Editing Help" page? A pity to lose articles if an author don't have the stamina to re-type a contribution
- CITE now works!!!!! Joe 19:50, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
I'm working with WebMaster Brad to upgrade MediaWiki, so Cite will work. I'll put a notice on the Main Page when MagicPedia will be temporarily down as soon as I know. Joe 08:03, 20 February 2009 (EST)
I'm starting to wonder if the PH-template is such a good idea...
The statistics at the "Most linked-to pages" are now extremely skewed and distored: http://geniimagazine.com/wiki/index.php/Special:MostLinkedPages
But all of those links are from the PH-template. Take away those, and Portable Smoke has no links at all. Isn't it desirable that the statistics should reflect only "real" and natural linkage?
Is it possible to change something in the PH-template, so that it doesn't distort the statistics? Or in the whole template function, so that links in a template doesn't affect statistical results?
Just curious. TStone 08:46, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
- I'm wondering if that is why Wikipedia has turned that special page turned off: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:MostLinkedPages. I'll look into more and see. Joe P. 13:18, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
- Glad to help. Let me know if you have ideas for anything else that would help! Joe P. 21:28, 5 December 2009 (UTC)