|Born||Wayne T. Dobson|
July 5, 1957
In 1977 he was a joint first prize winner in the close-up competition at the IBM British Ring Convention which led to his television debut on BBC TV's Blue Peter. At just 21 he decided to become a professional magician. A run of tours in USA with some of the UK's top performers was a tremendous success.
Back in Britain in 1989 he was chosen to appear before HM Queen Elizabeth in the Royal Variety Show at the London Palladium.
In 1988 he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, which by the mid-1990s forced him into semi-retirement.
In 2004 he was awarded the ‘Maskelyne’, the highest award in the world of magic, for outstanding individual achievement by The Magic Circle. In 2005 he married Marianne, together they now run DTrick, featuring Wayne's range of magic products. Wayne continues to perform, and also lectures a magic clubs, at home and abroad.
- Wayne Dobson's Pro-File (1984)
- Dobson's Choice (2002)
- Dobson's Choice: The Sequel (2003)
- Dobson's Choice: The Final Cut (2004)
- Dobson's Choice: Special Effects (2010)
- ↑ http://www.magicweek.co.uk/magic_profiles/magicprofile_0019_wayne_dobson.htm (© MagicWeek 2002)
- ↑ Genii 2009 January, Vol.72, "Changes and Choices", pp.57-66
- ↑ www.waynedobson.co.uk
| This page incorporated content from Wayne Dobson,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License