Wesley James is a magician from New York City with a PhD in Computer Science.
For 25 years, Wesley James was a full-time professional performing close-up to illusions, mostly at trade shows and colleges. Most of his college performances were lectures on "Gambling Cheats and How They Operate." He was the developer of the New York's Magic Towne House in the early 1970s, which became a Magic Castle like establishment on the East Coast.
For many years he refused to lecture for magicians, unwilling to expose the tools that enabled him to earn his living. Once retired from performing in 1982, he started to shared his magic with other magicians via books and lectures. His work as appeared in numerous magazines and books include M-U-M, Karl Fulves' Epilogue, Harry Lorayne's Apocalypse and Frank Garcia's Super Subtle Card Magic.
- Stop Fooling Us! lecture notes (1989)
- Pastboard Perpensions (1990)
- The Magical Record and Thoughts of Wesley James (1997)
- Enchantments: Magic for Cards and Hands (2004)
- The Expert at the Card Table on DVD