|Born||September 17, 1899|
Croydon, Surrey, England
|Died||January 21, 1974 (age 74) |
|Categories||Books by Wilfrid Jonson|
Wilfrid G. Jonson (1899-1974) wrote the "London Notes" column in Sphinx for over twenty-five years which he provided commentary on the British magical scene.
Jonson worked as a part time professional sleight of hand magician beginning in 1925 and gave his first performance on the Anderton's stage.
Joining The Magic Circle in 1923 (serving as treasurer from 1947 to 1960), Jonson was called to the membership of the Inner Magic Circle in 1926 and was in later days made an Honorary Vice-President.
Near the end of World War II, Jonson suffered from tuberculosis. While recovering in the hospital, he learned French and stared corresponding with French magicians.
- Let's Pretend (1937)
- Mr. Smith's Guide to Sleight-of-hand (1945)
- But Not To Play (1946)
- Conjuring (1950)
- Reprinted as Wilfrid Jonson's Magic Tricks (1952)
- Card Conjuring (1950)
- Reprinted as Wilfrid Jonson's Card Tricks (1952)
- Reprinted as Card Tricks for Beginners (2004) ISBN 9780486434650
- Who's Who in Magic, Sphinx, August, 1935
- Obit Genii, November 1973