William W. Larsen, Sr.
|William W. Larsen, Sr.|
|Born||William Walter Larsen|
December 31, 1904
Green Bay, Wisconsin
|Died||July 5, 1953 (age 48) |
|Known for||Genii magazine|
|Categories||Books by William W. Larsen, Sr.|
William W. Larsen, Sr. (1904-1953), born and raised in Green Bay, Wisconsin, gave up a practice as a criminal attorney in Pasadena, California to be an entertainer at resort hotels.
Larsen was the founder and editor of Genii magazine with his wife Gerrie Larsen. He also created the idea of a "magician's club" which his two sons William Larsen, Jr. and Milt Larsen eventually brought to life as The Magic Castle. Bill and Milt also created the "It's Magic" stage shows.
Larsen died of a cerebral hemorrhage due to alcoholism.
- The L.W. Card Mysteries, with T. Page Wright (1928)
- The L.W. Mysteries for Children, with T. Page Wright (1928)
- The L.W. Mental and Spirit Mysteries, with T. Page Wright(1929)
- Magically An Idea or Two (1933)
- Radio and Nite Club Mindreading (with Ormond McGill - 1944)
- Twelve Illusionettes (1946)
- The Mental Mysteries and Other Writings of William W. Larsen Sr. (1977)