Zombie is a floating ball illusion in which a silver ball floats behind a Foulard.
Zombie was invented by Joe Karson. The inspiration came to him when he was fooling around with the simple impromptu trick where the magician interlocks the fingers of both hands and a lighted match appears to magically suspend in air behind it. He patented the Zombie in 1940.
See also Zombie (magazine)
- 1946 - Tips on Zombie By Joe Karson
- 1963 - Further Tips on Zombie By Neil Foster
- 1965 - A la Zombie By Ian Adair
- 1970 - A la Zombie Plus By Ian Adair
- 1977 - Teach-in Series: Zombie, the Floating Ball By Lewis Ganson
- 1981 - Al Schneider on Zombie
- 1983 - The Ken Brooke Series No. 7: The Finn Jon Zombie Routine
- 1983 - The "How To" Book on the Zombie By Merlyn Shute
- 1991 - Magic City Library of Magic No. 20 - Zombie Ball By Leo Behnke