From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
Magic related events from the year 1959.
Please add any notable events below if an article falls within this year.
- Mac King, Roberto Giobbi and Jeff McBride were born.
- Jean Hugard died and Fred Braue takes over editing Hugard's Magic Monthly
- Zina Bennett married Susy Wandas in Brussells.
- Karl Fulves began published Midnight Magic Monthly series
- The magic community also looses Karl Germain, Rusduck, Emil Jarrow and Senor Maldo.
- Lee Grabel announces retirement from magic as well as Ricardo Richardine, Sr. who hands the show over to his son Ricardo Richardine, Jr.
- IBM Ring 116 in Ontario, Canada brakes away to form a new local independent club called the Windsor Magic Circle.
- The Pentagram ceased publication and The Hade-E-Gram Magizette began publishing by Micky Hades.
- Neil Foster moved to Colon to become the Abbott Magic Company's chief magician-in-residence and vice president.
- The Elmsley Count was first published by Alex Elmsley, although unnamed, in the marketed trick "The Four Card Trick".
- The Veeser Concept was published in December issue of MUM.
- Cannibal Cards was developed by Lin Searles and marketed
- Peter Pit performs on the Ed Sullivan Show