Bob Read (September 12, 1940 - November 20, 2005) was a successful UK magician.
Read turned to full-time magic late on in his life, after a very successful career in the wool industry. He was an avid collector of items related to the Cups and Balls, including drawings, prints, paintings and cartoons relating to this trick.
Read died of a heart attack in California, a few days after he had talked at the 9th Los Angeles Conference on Magic History.
Books & Lecture Notes
- Thanks to Pepys (1973)
- The Penultimate Cups & Balls (1975)
- Bob Read's Transpo Tumbler (1978)
- $100 Glass Thro' Table (1980)
- The Cups & Balls in 19th Century Graphic Art (1984)
- Bob Read’s Magical London (2005)
- The Happy Head of State. Magic Magazine Vol 2, No 10 (June 1993), p 50.
- The French Connection. Magic Magazine Vol 6 No 11 (July 1997) p 56-61.
- The Long-Handled Spoon. Genii Vol 62 No 3 (March 1999) p 17-18.
- Fawkes in Cincinnati. Genii Vol 67 No 4, (April 2004) p 68-71.
- Bob Read (featured artist). Genii Vol 67 No 4 (April 2004) p 40-83.
Video & DVD
- Impromptu Miracles VHS (Videonics), 1980's
- The Bob Read Collection (International Magic), 2007