Brian Brushwood (born January 17, 1975, in Fountain Valley, CA) is an American magician who performs nationwide. He is especially well-known for his display of bizarre magic. He is known to perform fire-eating, escapes, breaking a cinder block over his head, sticking nails in his eyes and nose, sticking needles through his palm, reading minds, and "The Human Crazy Straw". He frequently releases podcasts and vlogs of himself on the road. He has performed on The Food Network, CNN and The Tonight Show, as well as performing special demonstrations at The University of Texas. Brian is a regular on the college circuit. On April 7, 2008 Brushwood's internet television show Scam School launched on the Revision3 network. The show features quick five minute tips to get free drinks at bars and to impress friends. Brian was interviewed on The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe, Episode 205.
Brushwood grew up living in California, Colorado, Norway, and Texas. In 1993 he started at the University of Texas in Austin majoring in "Plan II honors program". He performed a magic show as a "creative writing" senior thesis. He began touring with the "Bizarre Magic Show" full-time in 2000. Brushwood also works as a writer and makes appearances on the lecture circuit. Brushwood categorizes himself as a libertarian.
Brian has authored several books about magic and college entertainment:
- Cheats, Cons, Swindles & Tricks: 57 Ways to Scam a Free Drink
- Pack the House: The Ultimate, Ever-Growing Guide to Increasing Attendance to YOUR Campus Events (co-authored with C. J. Johnson)
- Professional's Guide to Fire Eating
- Scam School
- Magician Brian Brushwood explains bar tricks, street cons, and scams on Scam School at Revision3.
- Brian Brushwood also has a weekly live stream show, BBLiveShow. He is joined every week by co-host Justin Robert Young. The show's regular guests include , Brett Rounsaville, Owen JJ Stone, and his brother, Jay Brushwood. Other Guests have included the Totally Rad Show's Jeff Cannata and Dan Trachtenberg, Film Riot's Ryan Connolly, Josh Connolly and Timmy Allen, Jay Adelson, Martin Sargent and Daniel Garcia.
- Billed as 'TWiTs favorite mistake', NSFW hosted by Brian Brushwood of Scam School and Justin Robert Young, is an evolution of the BBLiveShow for the TWiT Live Network. Airs Tuesdays on TWiT Live and NSFWshow.com at 7pm PT and is also available in podcast form at TWiT.TV.
- "Scams, Sasquatch, and the Supernatural" YouTube
- "A Brief Documentary on Brian Brushwood" YouTube
- "Brian Brushwood on the Road" YouTube
- Scam School Revision3
- NSFW Show TWiT.TV
- Official Website
- NSFW Show
- BBOTR (Brian Brushwood On The Road)
- Scam School
- afterlyfe.me (Virtual Ghost)
| This page incorporated content from Brian Brushwood,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License