Card on Ceiling or Wall
Card on Ceiling or Wall is a classic Card Revelation plot where a (usually signed) card is returned to the pack and tossed at the ceiling or a wall. All the cards come down except for the signed card still stuck to it.
Some versions have no apparent reason for the cards to "stick", others use a thumbtack.
This is typically an effect done as a closer.
- To Make a Selected Card Stick to the Ceiling or Wall by Professor Ridgum Funnidos in Magic at Home (1870)
- James F. Herpick & Jack Thimbleny's Improved Card on the Ceiling in Tarbell Course in Magic, Vol. 3 (1943)
- Bruce Elliott's Classic Secrets of Magic (1953)
- Jay Bedsworth's Hit The Ceiling! in Apocalypse Vol. 7, No. 5, may 1984
- Karl Norman's Card On Ceiling in 40 Years at the Forks (1995)
- David Ben's Card On Ceiling in Tricks (2003)
- Ed Reno's Tack It in Tarbell Course in Magic, Vol. 3 (1943)
- John Kennedy's Card Missile in The New York Magic Symposium - Collection 2 (1983)
- John West's From Lapel To Wall in Apocalypse, Vol. 19, No. 2, Feb. 1996.
- Ping Pong Plus Cards: Selected card ends up stuck on ping pong paddle in Milbourne Christopher's Magic Book Tricks for the Living Room, Dinner Table, or Stage (1977)
- Korem's Card on Tie in Paul Harris Las Vegas Close Up (1978) and Art of Astonishment (1996).
- Michael Ammars' Indoor Baseball in The Magic of Michael Ammar (1991)