Cylinder and Coins
John Ramsay's effect was inspired by the Stack of Pence, but instead of being a simple penetration, Cylinder and Coins is a longer transposition routine, where a number of coins disappear from the hands, and appears inside a small cylinder on the table. The routine is by many considered to be a lesson in misdirection.
Variations and publications
- John Ramsay's Cylinder and Coins by Victor Farelli (1948)
- Cylinder and Coins by Dai Vernon, page 37 in The Gen, Vol. 18, no. 1, May 1962.
- "Easy Ramsey" by Jonathan Townsend in Apocalypse July 1982 p. 649.
- Streamlined Cylinder and Coins in Carneycopia by John Carney (1991)
- Doug Brewer on The Unexpected Visitor DVD (2001) (performance only) and Red Light DVD (2012)
- Dan Watkins on Coin Man Walking DVD (2005) (performance only)
- R. Paul Wilson on Extreme Possibilities vol 2 DVD (2008)
- R. Paul Wilson on Close Up Magic Vol 2 DVD (2008) in the "Worlds Greatest Magic by the Worlds Greatest Magicians" series of DVDs by L & L Publishing]
- Genii 2008 November, page 67, The Cylinder and Coins by John Ramsay, which also featured a DVD insert with Ramsay performing the Cylinder and Coins from Fantasma Magic.
- Giacomo Bertini and Ginjiro (who used poker chips instead of coins) on European Coin Magic Symposium Vol 1 DVD (2011)
- Eric Mead video performance at The Entertainment Gathering 2011 (available on youtube)
- Jean Emmanuel Franzis in The Linking Ring Apr 2013 p 90