Genii Cover (Aug 1988)
|Born||Daniel David Witkowski|
April 23 1956
Dan Witkowski, a magician, is the founder of MagicCom Inc. in Minneapolis.
Witkowski's fascination with magic began at the age of five years after finding a cardboard magic trick on the back of a cereal box
He performed as a magician on the convention and banquet circuit throughout the Midwest during his high school years. In 1973, while still in high school, he was hired by a Minnesota division of Caterpillar Tractor Company to magically produce a full-size tractor on stage to introduce the company's new line of products to dealers.
From 1974 to 1976, Witkowski worked at WCCO-TV in Minneapolis as a promotional assistant. While there, he produced a magical special "Abracadabra!"and a documentary on the life of Harry Houdini.
In 1977, he founded MagicCom, Inc., a company specializing in stage and screen presentations. He also produced shows for entertainment centers such as Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Six Flags.
- ↑ http://minnesotabusiness.com/magic-man
- ↑ Cover, The Linking Ring, Vol. 68, No. 4, April 1988, Our Cover, Dan Witkowski, by Phil Willmarth, page 66
- Cover, M-U-M, Vol. 75, No. 5, October 1985, Dan Witkowski, Magician of the Month, Finding the Magic in Imaginations, by Constance Williams, page 9
- Cover, Genii Magazine, Vol. 52, No. 2, August 1988, The Magic Is New For Magical Impresario Dan Witkowski, page 80
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 87, No. 941, December 1993, This is Your Life, Daniel D. Witkowski, by Peter D. Blanchard, page 192
- Magic, The Magazine for Magicians, Vol. 23, No. 6, February 2014, The Most Watched Magic Event in History, by Rory Johnston, page 50