|Born||September 04, 1893|
|Died||September 30, 1977 (age 84) |
|Categories||Books by David Lustig|
David J. Lustig (September 4, 1893- September 30, 1977) was a vaudeville magic act theater manager, show producer and adviser. He also wrote a number of books under the name La Vellma.
Lustig launched his vaudeville career in 1910 at the age of 17, as a magician using the stage name of La Vellma. He was a technical adviser to Dunninger, devising many of the "tests" that Dunninger used on radio and TV shows.
Later in his life he worked as a publicity specialist for Columbia Pictures, setting up tours and interviews for their movie stars.
- Vaudeville Mind Reading (1920)
- Vaudeville Ventriloquism (1920)
- Vaudeville Magic (1920)
- Magic and Mind Reading Tricks You Can Do (1920)
- La Vellma's Vaudeville Budget (1921)
- Vaudeville Mind Reading (expanded 2nd edition) (1929)
- Vaudeville Hypnotism (1930)