|Born||September 04, 1893|
|Died||September 30, 1977 (age 84) |
|Categories||Books by David Lustig|
David J. Lustig (September 4, 1893- September 30, 1977) was a vaudeville magic act theater manager, show producer and adviser. He also wrote a number of books under the name La Vellma.
Lustig launched his vaudeville career in 1910 at the age of 17, as a magician using the stage name of La Vellma. He was a technical adviser to Dunninger, devising many of the "tests" that Dunninger used on radio and TV shows. He was credited as the author of "Dunninger's Master Methods of Hypnotism" (1923).
Later in his life he worked as a publicity specialist for Columbia Pictures, setting up tours and interviews for their movie stars.
- Vaudeville Mind Reading (1920)
- Vaudeville Ventriloquism (1920)
- Vaudeville Magic (1920)
- Magic and Mind Reading Tricks You Can Do (1920)
- La Vellma's Vaudeville Budget (1921)
- Dunninger's Master Methods of Hypnotism (1923) (written by David J. Lustig [La Vellma])
- Vaudeville Mind Reading (expanded 2nd edition) (1929)
- Vaudeville Hypnotism (1930)