|Born||Eddie Joseph Adams|
March 29, 1924
New Orleans, Louisiana
Eddie Adams (b.1924) began as a semi-professional magician at the age of 13.
In 1941, he joined the United States Marine Corps and spent most of his enlistment in the South Pacific. While overseas, he performed whenever he had the chance on make-shift stages for the Armed Services personnel.
Upon completion of his service, Eddier eturned to New Orleans and married Anna May Tassara in 1945. She became an integral part of Eddie's act touring night clubs in Florida.
Eddie Adams was one of the first to use hypnosis for a dental patients.
He performed closeup magic, sleight-of-hand, hypnotism, ventriloquism, mentalism, and spook magic.
In the early seventies he performed a unique dancing handkerchief which he performed at most of the major coventions.
An active member of S.A.M. Assembly #36 in New Orleans since 1945,the club met at his home in a special meeting room for over 25 years. He served as its president during 1954-1957. In 1988, the Assembly was named after him, becoming known as "The Eddie J. Adams, Jr. Assembly #36 of The Society of American Magicians".
Awards and honors
- Abbott's Get-Together 1st place for ventriloquism (1987) .
- Assembly #36 in New Orleans, Magician of the Year, (1968, 1981, 1985, and 1988)
- ↑ http://www.myneworleans.com/New-Orleans-Magazine/May-2009/Making-magic/
- ↑ Magician of the Month, MUM, APRIL 1989
- ↑ Who's Who in Magic: An International Biographical Guide From Past to Present by Bart Whaley (1990)