Help us get to over 4,000 biographies in 2018.
If you know of a past magician not listed in MagicPedia, start a New Biography for them or Email us your suggestion.
From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
(Redirected from Edwin A. Dawes)
Cover of Genii (2011)
|Born||Edwin Alfred Dawes|
July 6, 1925
|Died||March 3, 2023 (age 97) |
|Categories||Books by Edwin Dawes|
Dr. Edwin Alfred Dawes (b. 1925) was a British collector, historian and writer. He has written many books and articles on the history of magic including the column A Rich Cabinet of Magical Curiosities column in the Magic Circular starting in May 1972.
- Great Illusionists (1979)
- Quantitative Problems in Biochemistry (1980)
- The Barrister In The Circle (1983)
- Microbial Energetics (Tertiary level biology) (1985)
- The Book of Magic (1986), Dawes and Arthur Setterington
- Encyclopedia of Magic (1986)
- Henri Robin: Expositor of science & magic (1990)
- Making Magic (1992)
- The Magic of Britain (1994)
- Charles Bertram: The Court Conjurer (1997)
- Stodare: The Enigma Variations (1998)
- Stanley Collins: Conjurer Collector and Iconoclast (2002)
- The Great Lyle (2005)
- David Nixon: Entertainer with the Magic Touch (2009) (with Stephen Short)
- 2006 Special prize at the FISM Award Congress in Stockholm for his contributions to the history of magic.
- 2013 Guest of honor of the 5th European Conference magic historian ( EMHC ) in Hamburg.
| This page incorporated content from Edwin_Alfred_Dawes,
a page hosted on Wikipedia(de). Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- Cover, M-U-M, Vol. 79, No. 6, November 1989, MAGICIANS of the MONTH, Dr. Edwin A. and Amy Dawes, by David R. Goodsell, page 11
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 88, No. 944, April 1994, This is Your Life - Eddie Dawes, by Peter D. Blanchard, page 46
- The Historians' Guide to Conjuring (Redux), Number One, July 2004, page 82
- Cover, The Magic Circular, Vol. 102, No. 1107, October 2008, Eddie Dawes, On Opening the Rich Cabinet 360 Time; by Matthew Field, page 300
- Cover, Genii, Vol. 74, No. 3, March 2011, Edwin Dawes by Clay Shevlin, page 58
- Bio-bibliographisches Lexikon der Zauberkünstler Edition Volker Huber, April 2002, Dawes, Edwin Alfred Dr. = Kingstonian; Professor Bluffman, engl. Zauberkünstler (Amateur) (*06.07.1925 Goole, Yorkshire), page 90