Cover of Genii (1991)
|Born||June 01, 1939|
|Died||August 9, 2017 (age 78) |
|Categories||Books by Eugene Burger|
Eugene Burger (1939-2017) was an American magician based in Chicago, Illinois, reputed for his close-up skills, his work in mentalism and Bizarre Magic.
Famous for his beard and soothing, hypnotic voice, his creativity in magic established him as a leading figure in the field. Burger partners with Jeff McBride in the Magic and Mystery School of magical instruction.
Burger was also a philosopher and historian of religion. He had advanced degrees in Divinity (from Yale University), philosophy, and has taught university courses in comparative religion and philosophy.
He also produced a rare audio program, "Growing in the Art of Magic".
- From Secrets and Mysteries for the Close-up Entertainer (1982): "The real secrets of magic as a performing art have to do with making the effects that you already know really magical and entertaining for your audiences."
- Academy of Magical Arts Lecturer of the Year (1985 and 1986)
- Academy of Magical Arts Close-Up Magician of the Year (1996 and 1997)
- Selected as "One of the 100 most influential magicians of the 20th century." by Magic Magazine.
- Eugene Burger on Matt Schulien's Fabulous Card Discoveries (1983)
- The Secret of Restaurant Magic (1983)
- Audience Involvement (1983)
- The Craft of Magic and Other Writings (1984)
- Spirit Theater (1985), Kaufman and Greenberg)
- The Performance of Close-Up Magic (1987), Kaufman and Greenberg)
- The Experience of Magic (1989), Kaufman and Greenberg)
- Strange Ceremonies (1991), Kaufman and Greenberg)
- Rediscoveries: New Ways of Framing Old Favorites (1994)
- Magic and Meaning (with Robert Neale - 1995)
- Growing in the Art of Magic (1996)
- Mastering the Art of Magic (2000), Kaufman and Company)
- Mystery School (with Jeff McBride - 2003)
- Spirit Magic (1987)
| This page incorporated content from Eugene Burger,
a page hosted on Wikipedia. Please consult the history of the original page to see a list of its authors. Therefor, this article is also available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License