Herbert J. Collings
From Magicpedia, the free online encyclopedia for magicians by magicians.
(Redirected from Herbert Collings)
|Herbert J. Collings|
From Conjurers' Monthly Magazine
|Born||Herbert James Collings|
|Died||March 30, 1958 |
Herbert J. Collings (1883-1958) was a professional magician beginning in 1899.
He performed an evening dress act " Wit, Wizardry and a Whistle" and then a Chinese magic as Col Ling Soo.
He worked for ENSA during World War Two.
- ↑ The Sphinx, Vol. 33, No. 1, March 1934, Who’s Who in Magic, page 14
- ↑ Goodliffe's Abracadabra, Vol. 25, No. 637, April 1958, Herbert J. Collings, An Appreciation by Francis White, page 199
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 28, No. 4, June 1948, Col Ling Soo, by William G. Stickland, page 20
- The Sphinx, Vol. 48, No. 1, March 1949, Col Ling Soo, by Douglas Craggs, page 11
- The Conjurors’ Magazine, Vol. 5, No. 2, April 1949, COL LING SOO, by Ted Elliott, page 30
- The Gen, Vol. 5, No. 9, Jan 1950, Front Page Personalities, Col Ling Soo, page 259
- The Linking Ring, Vol. 38, No. 3, May 1958, Broken Wands, Herbert J. Collings, page 104
- The Magic Circular, Vol. 52, No. 585, May 1958, Obituary, Herbert J. Collings, page 122
- Bio-bibliographisches Lexikon der Zauberkünstler Edition Volker Huber, April 2002, Collings, Herbert J. = Col Ling Soo, engl. ; Historiker (*1883 London; †1958), page 82
- Conjurers' Monthly Magazine (Sept. 1907) pg 17